Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Simple Gifts

I just got home from my favorite church service of the year. I have loved Thanksgiving Eve Service for as long as I can remember. This year pastor focused on the fact that for the first time in many of our lives we are having to go without. I thank God every day that we have been blessed with jobs that we love, a roof over our heads, food on our table, and healthy children. This year, though, I have realized the importance of the simple things. So as I think of all of my blessings this last year, what I think of are family game nights, sitting around the fire making s'mores on a warm summer evening, watching The Apple Dumpling Gang and eating microwave popcorn, reading books cuddled in our big blue chair, trips to the zoo and Wildlife Prairie Park, and homemade breakfasts on Saturday mornings.

So as I look back on this past year, I am so thankful for all of the simple gifts God has blessed us with!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: