Monday, December 14, 2009

Lost Library Book

Somehow I have managed to lose a library book. For those of you that know me well, you know that I always have 3-4 books checked out at a time, so they can be a little hard to keep track of. The amazing thing is I only have one book out right now! I remembered reading it last week as I was getting a new car battery and Emmy remembered me reading last Thursday at Tyler's wrestling practice, but now it is just gone! I had to get it on CD today so I could find out the ending. Here's hoping that it turns up soon!!!

We had a super busy weekend. Brian spent Friday in Chicago at his work Christmas party. His boss got all the Directors Scentsy warmers! Yeah!! I have been wanting one, but since I only smell about 10% of the time, it seemed like kind of a wasted of money, but now that is it is here I just want more scents. Brian and the kids told me that the house smells so good...I'm hoping soon I'll be able to smell it too!

Saturday was soccer again. Tyler was not so keen on going, but I promised him a trip to Walmart to spend his money afterwards if he tried. I was so proud of him. He played his little heart out! He didn't chew on his shirt once or stare at the clock. He even scored a goal!

After the game we did head to Walmart to buy gifts for the exchange at school. A $4 limit is a challenge, let me tell you! I know I promised Tyler he could spend his money ($2), but the toy aisles were out of control, so I told him he could save it until after Christmas. Saturday was Bethel's day to ring the bell at the kettle at Walmart, so we saw lots of people we know ringing. I asked the kids if they wanted to give some of their money to the Salvation Army and explained that they would be helping people that don't have as much money as we do and they decided that would be a good idea. Each of them gave 1 of their 2 dollars to the kettle. I was so proud that they decided to do that!!

After Walmart we went home to bake cookies and brownies for our neighbor. As noted above, I had to get a new battery for my car last week because mine was in bad shape. I found this out at 8:00 on Wednesday morning as I was getting ready to take the kids to school and go to work. Thanks to my father -in-law the kids got to school. Thanks to my neighbor (who spent 30 minutes in the freezing cold getting my car to start) I got to work. That at least deserves a plate of goodies!

Finally Brian got home and we all headed to Emmy's soccer game! She did awesome as well! After soccer we headed home, had dinner and went to church,

Sunday we all went to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I wish you could take pictures in the theater so you could see the awe and excitement on Tyler's face during the show. He sits on the edge of his seat absolutely enthralled. Though he has only seen the show once, he almost has it memorized.

After Joseph, Grandma took us all out to Steak and Shake for dinner- Yummy!! Thanks Grandma!!

No comments: