Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Shout for Joy

This week is incredibly hectic for me. I have a bunch of presents to still buy, a ton of pasta salad to make, brownies to bake, presents to wrap, Christmas programs to attend and all of the other stuff we do every week. Needless to say I have been a bit stressed! But, yesterday I got the opportunity to truly experience the Christmas Spirit and as Pastor preached this week- I wanted to Shout for Joy! In the midst of Christmas craziness I got to go shopping for a family that would otherwise not have a Christmas.

Each year our office adopts a family that has been touched by cancer and will not be able to afford presents. This year our family consists of a mom battling cervical cancer, her boyfriend and their 6 kids. She is unable to work because of her treatments and he was recently laid-off. The kids understood that they weren't going to have Christmas, but were so excited when we called to tell them we wanted to help. Anyway, yesterday we took a huge list to Kohl's. We knew we couldn't get everything, but we wanted to get as much as we could. When we left, we had gotten everything on the list and still had a little bit left for an extra game for one of the daughters. I don't know how we accomplished it, but God does provide!

Also just an FYI...I found my library book...sitting right in my office! Another reason to Shout for Joy!

No comments: