Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mammals

So last night we are sitting at wrestling practice and all of a sudden:

Emmy: Did you know that most mammals feed their babies with their bodies, but we feed our babies with big jugs of milk.

Mommy: Well, actually we can feed babies with our bodies as well. Some mommies breastfeed their babies

Emmy: What is that?

Mommy: Well you know...well ...you know how mommy has boobies? You can feed them that way.

Emmy: (Uncontrollable giggling...look of horror...)

Mommy: Aren't you going to ask if that is how I fed you?

Emmy: (Nod of the head...bigger look of horror)

Mommy: No, I used a bottle

Emmy: (Look of relief...) Is it only for poor kids who can't afford milk?

Mommy: No, Aunt Julie fed Brooklyn that way

Emmy: (More uncontrollable giggling...goes back to reading her book).

3 comments:

The Chatt Pack said...

Oh great. She's just going to point and laugh at me now...probably even start calling me "Aunt Mammal"

Claire said...

This had me literally laughing out loud. And I am SO waiting for the day when Olivia wants to know why Aunt Tara is always the one feeding baby Gage :)

Kelly said...

This was so funny, I can just picture the two of you having this conversation in my head.