Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My gosh! I didn't realize that it has been over a week since I posted last. I guess we got busy and I forgot! We're back in the swing of things with basketball, soccer and wrestling. Brian just started a new semester yesterday, so for the next 8 weeks he is teaching Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I also start my busy season with at least 1-2 night meetings a week. This is when I have to become ultra organized!

Thankfully we just had a 4 1/2 day weekend which was awesome. The kids I read lots of books and got a few movies. One of the movies Tyler picked out was The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (one of my favorites!) We tried to watch it on Friday night but after the first ghost scene the kids were too scared. But, it was so funny because in the scene, the organ plays itself and Tyler asked who was playing the organ and I said that I thought it was the ghost. Tyler said "It can't be a ghost because there isn't anybody wearing a white sheet and ghosts always wear white sheets, right?" I had to explain to him that the ghost in this and other movies are sometimes invisible.

Monday we had a great day. We made birdhouses in the morning and Brian got home early and we played a couple games of Monopoly. Tyler was a Monopoly mogul...with a bad attitude I might add! He just couldn't believe how much money he had and how the rest of us didn't have any! The next game, Brian just couldn't let Emmy win and refused to stop playing until he had all of her money. Reminds me a when I was a kid and Dad wouldn't give up until he had beaten both Julie and me!

I guess I'm kind of working backwards, but Emmy had her first basketball game on Saturday. I missed it because I was with Tyler at his soccer game, but Brian said she played well. Their team scored 2 baskets. Emmy was most excited that she got to play point guard (I'm embarrassed to say, but I have no idea what the positions are in basketball).

Finally, please keep my friend Elise and her family in your prayers. Her grandpa had a stroke yesterday and it is kind of touch and go for the next couple of days!

No comments: